Get away from the cheesy festive programmes on TV and welcome in the New Year properly, as Urban Development in association with the Rich Mix bring you the perfect line up this January at Industry Takeover Music Industry Seminar & Showcase at the Rich Mix.
Plugin and sample the freshest sounds as our panel of top class DJs and producers in the urban scene set the record straight on 6th January at Industry Takeover - On the Record: DJ & Producer Special. Taking over the panel will be Bless Beats (Producer), Logan Sama (DJ, Kiss FM), Wonder (Producer / DJ, Rinse FM), Goldielocks (Artist/Producer/DJ & Founder, Gut Instinct Records) and Darkside (DJ/ Founder, Get Darker). So find out everything you need to know about making that killer beat and getting it heard!
Taking to the stage for performances on the night will be much talked about OGz frontman, P Money, fellow emcee Fumin, Woman’s World’ singer, Selah, Swedish-born eclectic songstress, Fatima and electro-dub outfit, Empress all with a full live band. So whether you’re an aspiring DJ or producer or you just want to hear quality urban music, Industry Takeover is where you need to be.
Industry Takeover is scheduled for the first Thursday of the month from October 2010 – March 2011.
Forthcoming Industry Takeover Dates
· Thurs 3rd February – Talking The Hardest: Music & Politics ft. Ghetts
· Thurs 3rd March – Rhymes 2 Riches: Making Money From Music ft. Jak FrSH
For more information, please contact Nonny Orakwue at Urban Development on 020 8536 0630 or email email@example.com (press only - contact details not for publication).
Notes to Editors
· Urban Development is the home of London's new urban music talent. It specialises in professional development, live events and education. Combining business acumen with a firm understanding of youth culture, Urban Development has built a reputation for inspiring young people and championing some of brightest names on the local and national scene.
· Industry Takeover is an industry-led skills development and employment support programme that builds on East London’s reputation as a creative hub for urban music talent: developing young people to prepare for sustainable careers in the music industry.
· Industry Takeover is funded by the Arts Council England with additional match funding from PRS for Music Foundation and East.
· October 2010 marks the 10th anniversary of Urban Development, and the organization has adopted the strap line “10 years of Urban Development supporting homegrown music”.
· Event: Urban Development presents Industry Takeover (Part 3)
Date: October 2010 – March 2011
Venue: Rich Mix, 35 - 47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA
Transport: Bethnal Green (Central Line) & Shoreditch High St. (Overground)
Tickets: £5 or 2 for £8 (advance)
Time: 7pm – 11pm (doors open 6.30pm)
Box Office: 020 7613 7498